Contact or visit us
Director of Student Engagement in 学生生活
Center for Student Involvement
Roy Story Student Center, Lower Level
dgulley [at] manchestertailor.net (dgulley[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
As a member of the Nebraska Wesleyan Greek community, you will be among some of the highest achieving students, most engaged leaders, and most passionate community activists on campus.
Built on more than 125 years of tradition, our six chapters – three fraternities and three sororities – have established a strong culture based on a shared dedication to scholarship, 领导, 慈善事业, and community service. Led by the Interfraternity and Panhellenic Councils, these governing bodies set a high standard for what it means to be a member of the Greek community at NWU.
Nebraska Wesleyan Greeks encourage one another, strive for positive personal and professional development, and develop lasting friendships that extend far beyond your college years.
Through the six member organizations within our councils, students can find a way to be involved. Whether they're participating in Howl Like Hell or Greek Week, performing community service or raising funds for a philanthropic cause, our Greek students are gaining valuable life skills through their sorority/fraternity experience.
NWU Greeks take their classes and grades seriously.
- The all-Greek GPA is consistently above the all-student GPA at Nebraska Wesleyan University.
- For the past ten academic semesters, Greek life GPA’s have been higher than the All-Students average. 看到 academic performance by chapter.
- Each chapter sets a minimum grade point average requirement for membership.
Fraternity and sorority membership offers many options to help new members transition academically from high school to college.
- Chapter scholarships
- Scholar of the Month Awards
- Panhellenic Council and Interfraternity Council 奖学金
- Order of Omega Greek Academic Honorary
The Greek community develops advanced 领导 skills within its members and provides opportunities to put those skills into action on campus and in the Lincoln community.
Greek members have numerous opportunities to serve in 领导 positions in their chapter, within the governing councils, Interfraternity Council (IFC) and Panhellenic Council (PHC), and participate in conferences, 研讨会, as well as other educational experiences here at Nebraska Wesleyan University and across the country.
Philanthropy and 社区 Service
Giving back through community service and 慈善事业 projects is a vital aspect of each fraternity and sorority member's experience. Each member is required to complete a number of community service hours set by each chapter.
- Greek members complete more than 6,500 hours of service each year.
- Chapters raised over $60,000 for various organizations including the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Food Bank of Lincoln, Serious Fun Network, the American Cancer Society, 全新的开始, Sammy's Superheroes, and the United Service Organizations.
- During the community's 2022 Greek Week, they donated 1.306 pounds of food to the alumni-directed Food Bank of Lincoln.
- Greek organizations also fundraise to provide their members with academic scholarships.
Prairie Wolf Promise
In order to foster the goals and spirit of the Nebraska Wesleyan community, students are expected to practice, both in and out of the classroom, the standards embodied in the following promise:
- 完整性 – University students exemplify honesty, honor and a respect for the truth in all of their dealings.
- 社区 – University students build and enhance their community.
- 社会正义 – Students are just and equitable in their treatment of all members of the community and act to discourage and/or intervene to prevent unjust and inequitable behaviors.
- 尊重 – University students show positive regard for each other and for the community.
- 责任 – University students are given and accept a high level of responsibility to self, to others and to the community.